Thursday, March 27, 2008

Great Visit!

Well, sadly enough Cara and Anna's visit had to end today :( They left for the airport at 5:30 AM this morning! Jordan has been asking about Aunt WeeWee since they left! Its so funny to hear her! I don't understand how she gets "Wee Wee" out of the word "Cara" but thats what she calls her! We had a wonderful time! We went to a Luau, spent a few lazy days on the beach, did some shopping in Waikiki, went whale watching, and were fortunate enough to celebrate Easter together, along with some of my friends from here!

Jordan is HILARIOUS right now!! She repeats EVERYTHING I say! When I was picking up the girls from the airport I was getting a little annoyed by the traffic and right as a guy cut me off I yelled "Duuuuude!!!" Not 2 seconds later Jordy's little voice from the back seat said "Duuuude!". It was too funny! She says it EXACTLY like I do, accentuates the same syllables and everything. She also started saying "cookie" (which comes out as Coo-coo, and is funny as heck), "bye bye", "night night", "yay", "whoohoo", "bite", "beach" (which comes out "bee"), Ashley (comes out "Ally"), and she now calls Spongebob "bubba"! She is learning SO fast! She is trying to say everything that she hears, and she has this amazing zest for learning! We work on the ABC's and the 123's all the time now, and its coming along very nicely!

I am learning so much about this island! I am so much better at getting around now, and I can't wait for Doc to come home so that I can show him everything! When we were at the Luau the other night the performers did this "Dance of Love" and dedicated it to all the couples in the audience who were in love. Cute idea, if Doc were here. It was, of course, the longest routine they did. This deployment is coming right along though, and we are nearly 2 months into it already! We will get our chance to enjoy this romantic place when he comes home! The saying "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" is so true! I find myself SO passionately in love with this man everyday. As much as I think about him you would think that he were right here next to me! God is working so hard in our relationship to strengthen us and keep us close during this deployment, and we are so blessed by Him that it humbles me to my knees!

Well, I better get to bed! I joined the social committee for the Key Volunteer's of Doc's unit, and we have our first meeting tomorrow! My friend Ashley joined with me, and we are so excited! I am attatching some pictures of my fabulous friends from here on the island, as well as our visit with Cara and Anna and Easter! Love and may God bless you this week and always :)
















No comments: