Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We Found a Church!!! YAY!!!

What a fabulous week we are having!!! SO much to be thankful for! We had an A-MAZ-ING weekend!!! We had our Saturday "Beach Day" tradition with the girls (minus Monique :( who is visiting family in Louisiana). That evening my neighbor's daughter Faith babysat Jordan and I went to a Deployed Spouses Outing. We played Bunco and had YUMMY pupu's <--- Hawaiian for appetizers :) It was a lot of fun.

Sunday Jordan and I were up early and rarin' to go!!! We did our breakfast joint, and then tried out a new church!! We went to Island Family Christian Church, a non-denominational worship service. They have outgrown their sanctuary, so they hold their services at a middle school about 45 seconds from our house! As soon as we arrived there, we were greeted by a very friendly lady who showed us around and took me to see their childcare area. The people there were very nice, and Jordan went right to them to play with the other kids! Meanwhile, Mommy got some un-interrupted worship time!! The second song they sang was "Beautiful One" by Jeremy Camp, my all time favorite worship song. I have been listening to it alot lately, but I had yet to hear it at a church here on the island untill then! God was speaking to me LOUD AND CLEAR, letting me know I was in the right place!! And how fulfilling is that!!!!! If the church I am meant to be in is here, then obviously I am MEANT to be right where I am! The pastor preached several very moving segments about the brutality of the cross and why it is so important for us to remember it. He closed with "And surely I will be with you always, untill the very end of age. Mathew 28:20". That is one of my favorite bible verses, I have a picture frame with that on it on my entertainment center. I have NEVER heard that verse used in a sermon untill Sunday. I am SO happy that we have found our church!!! Thank God for leading us there!

Our friends spent Sunday evening with us, and that was great! I cooked dinner and we watched our shows :) Our friends are amazing, and I am so thankful for them!!

Today is a day of ANXIOUS AWAITMENT!!! CARA WILL BE HERE TOMORROW!!!!! YAY!!!!! We cannot wait!!! We will be picking her up at the airport at 8:30, and she will be ours for a whole week!!!! We are so excited!! Please keep Cara and Anna in your prayers as they travel!! We are so glad to spend Easter with them! I will be cooking dinner here at our house, and our friends will be joining us as well!!! I probably will not be able to update for a while, but I do hope that you all have a fabulous Easter, spending time with family and remember what this holiday is for!! I love you all :)

No comments: