Monday, March 10, 2008

I HATE chicken fat!!! WOW!

Well today has been VERY productive!! Healthy breakfast, GREAT workout, healthy lunch, healthy snack, and now a very healthy blog! Jordan and I are both doing wonderful :) We had a great weekend, including a beach trip on Saturday (which is slowly but surely becoming a tradition!!) and our "unhealthy day" on Sunday! Denny's for breakfast and KFC for dinner :) Sunday is always my "cheater day" where I let myself eat what I want. I LOVE breakfast, so out breakfast is always delicious, but at dinner I think I got a little more than I bargained for. It was almost like a greasy food epiphany. I ordered our food through the drive-thru, and brought it home. I fixed my plate: a chicken leg, a chicken thigh, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit! My mouth was watering, let me tell ya!! I ate my chicken leg, and it was great. I started to bite into the chicken thigh, and I was seriously nausiated! I couldn't eat the skin! "What the hell is wrong with me???" I thought, as the crispy delicious skin has ALWAYS been the best part!! I had to take the skin off to eat the rest of it! I think this "healthy lifestyle change" of mine has started taking effect!! It was great! The grease was too much for me (in more ways than one) and I was able to NOT eat it! I felt so victorious! Now don't get me wrong, the first piece was GREAT! BUT...I can tell that all the hard work I've been doing to promote healthy eating habits is working! Nothing is bad for you in MODERATION, and thats exactly the lesson that I learned!

My workout today was great! I went to a circuit class, and it was SO much fun! I have always wanted to try one, and I just loved it! They have all these eliptical machines, treadmills, nautillus equipment, and basic stuff like exercise balls and mats for crunches and pushups. They break it up into 30 "stations" and you rotate around them. You give your all to each station for 60 seconds then take 30 seconds to move on and get ready to start again at the new station. It incorporates all the fundamentals of a great workout: strength training, cardio, and intervals! PERFECT! Anyway I loved it, and I will be doing it every Monday and Wednesday for sure!

Doc emailed me this week with a HILARIOUS story!!! He apparently had a little company in his sleeping bag the other night (a mouse) and had a pretty good scare! The way he words things just kills me, it totally made my day!!

My friends and I are getting so much closer everyday, and I just love them! They are just everything that I needed right now! I don't know what I would do without them! Their husbands are officially stalking Doc! They are in Iraq too, and my friends keep telling them to go find Doc and get to know him so that we can all be friends when they get home! LOL Doc is apparently quite the popular man over there :)

Well, I suppose my housework isn't going to stop calling me untill I do it, so I'm off! I hope you all have a great week! We will talk to you soon! PS In just TEN short days Cara will be here!!!! YAY!!!!! And her sister Anna too!! YAY!!!!!

No comments: