Friday, March 14, 2008

Great day, good night!

My day today started out on the VERY right foot! Doc called!!! YAY! I have started making lists of everything I have to tell him, so that I don't forget anything! Its very efficient! He still sounds wonderful :) He does say that he's getting a little bored, though. He's not losing focus of his mission at all, he is just missing all the exciting stuff there is to do in his off-time when he's at home! Jordan was able to talk to him again today, and she was just the happiest little thing!! She was smiling and giggling all the way through her conversation, and she got to tell him Hi, Daddy, Moooooooo, throw him a kiss, and say bye bye! He was ecstatic! It was just adorable! I cannot get enough of his voice!!! It STILL makes me giddy, like it did when we first started dating almost 4 years ago! I turn into this little school girl, nervous to say the right things, and laughing flirtatiously at everything he says. I don't know what I did to deserve this love that consumes me to the depths of my soul, but I thank God for it!!!

Speaking of love, the other love of my life, Miss Jordan Elaine, has been pretty amazing lately as well! She has started adding the "EEEE" sound at the end of things! Instead of calling me Mama, she now calls me Mommy! Talk about LOVE...that is the most precious thing I have ever heard! I realize more and more everyday that Jordan, at the very old age of 18 months, is truly my best friend! I talk to her about everything, Lord knows she gabs my ear off, too! She cheers me up when I'm down, and I love nothing more than returning the favor! She trusts me and counts on me to be there for her, and I hope she knows that it will be one of my ultimate goals for the rest of my life to never let her down. Tonight before we went up stairs for me to tuck her in, I just held her in the cradle position and rocked her and sang to her for a while. Now, the only reason she allowed this is because she was VERY tired! Normally Little Miss Independent would have been kicking for me to put her down! LOL It was such a great moment though.

Today we went to lunch with our friend Amy that we met on a military wives website! I'm normally not one for making internet buddies, but when you're dumped on a island about 6 weeks before your man leaves for war, you have to make friends somehow!! LOL We had a fabulous time!!! She has a 2 year old son, and he and Jordan quickly became partners in crime! Amy is so down-to-earth, young, and refreshing! We had a great time. Tonight we hung out with our fabulous foursome for dinner before Monique heads home for 2 weeks. We are going to miss her very much!!!

It has been so long since I've been in "making new friends mode". I guess that the last few years in Illinois have really spoiled me, being around my childhood best friends everyday. I feel like I'm a little rusty at this. I still, at times, in conversation find that I'm struggling to find the right words to say, or to make my thoughts come out right. I know its because I'm nervous, but sometimes I feel like it makes me come across as desperate or "trying to hard". It's weird, because I'm really neither of those things. Tonight I got the drift that I was coming across that way. I figured it would be best to just cut the night short and come home. I love my friends, and they love me, so I don't know why I feel so nervous around them. I couldn't be LESS shy, however I do think that these feelings are a direct product of being removed from your comfort zone! The feelings are going away more and more everyday, so I know I'm getting back into the swing of things! I LOVE new places, and I LOVE new people. Its just been a while since I was able to experience it!! LOL Its just crazy, being the new girl, ya know?

Anyway that was just me kind of rambling a bit! (shocking, right) I think I'm gonna go watch some Friends and curl up on the couch!! For those of you who are jealous of the horrendous amount of excitement I have going on a Friday night, you're pathetic! LOL Love you all, have a great weekend! :)

No comments: