Friday, February 29, 2008

Bummed Arm

Well hello Friday! Jordan and I are having a pretty busy week. Doc called me on Wednesday morning! It was wonderful...he says that all is well, and is ready for me to start sending him things! Thats great to hear, I feel like it means that he's getting settled in a little more! I worked out with my trainer on Wednesday and it went really well! She's challenging me more and more each session, and I love it! I'm really dissappointed by my shin splint! Its pretty much refusing to let me do anything on a treadmill. Its an old injury, and it basically hates running, power walking, anything like that. There's nothing you can do for it but stretch it out, and it will never go away. Its really annoying me because everything that I read says that running is the only way to get rid of belly fat and excess weight. I think that maybe once I have lost more it will hurt less though. Its an "impact injury", so the less weight I have impacting it, the easier it will be! (or at least thats what I have convinced myself anyway) :) On my way home from the gym I was reaching around on the backseat trying to find Jordan's MP3 player that she had dropped, and I came across the Valentine's Day card that Doc had bought for me but lost! I'm so glad that he lost it, it was unexpected and made my day! It was the sweetest card he's every bought me! Other than the fact that it made me bawl my eyes out while driving on the freeway, it was just the best thing ever!

Yesterday I wasn't able to go to the gym. I babysat a little 11-month old boy for a friend of mine who was in a jam for a sitter. Today I cannot go to the gym because my arm is killing me! You know that feeling you get after you've slept on your elbow wrong, where you can't even extend your arm all the way? Thats what I have...I'm thinking about getting an ace bandage or something for it! I HATE NOT GOING TO THE GYM!!! I am going to do some leg lifts and lunges and ab stuf here, but still, I HATE not going to the gym!!!

I have made a new grocery list to help my healthy lifestyle! I'm not a big veggie eater, and I don't like salad, so its challenging. But I can do it! I'm going to go on the hunt for a salad dressing that I like, because so far I don't like any :(. I KNOW, I'm a picky eater. I need to find one that low in calories and tastes like McDonalds Sweet N Sour sauce...I'm sure I would like it on a salad then! :) I'm getting lots of fresh fruit, poultry, fresh carrots, I'm even going to try to remix some broccoli and see if I can like it! The truth is that Doc makes a really great point when it comes to me not liking things. (I really hope he doesn't read this, I would hate for him to know that this actually sunk in! LOL) He tells me all the time, "Tammy, do you think I like broccoli? HECK NO I don't! But I eat it anyway....just eat it!!". I know you shouldn't force things down your throat all the time during diets because you will get discouraged, but broccoli isn't THAT bad, and it has millions of benefits. So I'm going to take his advice and just do it. Eventually I'll get used to it, and it will get easier to eat it more often. I'm also taking his advice about the rowing machine, it really is great cardio workout to substitute for the treadmill. MAN I hope he doesn't read this! :)

Now I'm off to the base to get some paperwork stuff taken care of! OH the joys of paperwork, it seems I get to enjoy them at least once a week for something or another! Hopefully Doc will call soon so that I will be able to ask him what to do for my arm...maybe I'll just take his advice about that too! :) Have a great weekend ya'll! :)

No comments: