Monday, February 25, 2008

I think I just had my first bad day...

It really wasn't that bad. I'm just whining. It was the first day during this whole deployment that I woke up in a really bad mood. I made it 3 long weeks, so I knew it was soon to come.

It started at 4AM on Thursday night (technically I guess it would be Friday morning). I woke up to cramps, the kind where you pull your knees to your chest and rock in the fetal position and it still just throbs. I went downstairs and took an Aleve, and 30 minutes later they were still there. So I went back downstairs at 5AM and took a second one, finally by 5:3o I felt sweet relief! I don't know why some women get them TERRIBLY and others don't get them at all but MAN those things suck! Doc hadn't called in 3 days, and he usually calls on Friday mornings around 6AM, so I contemplated just getting up for the day...but I decided that I wanted more sleep, even if it was only 30 minutes! I would still wake up in a better mood because I would wake up to that voice that makes my hearts skip a beat.....but I didn't. He didn't call. He STILL hasn't called. I'm sure he's busy, I just made the mistake of gettting myself all psyched out for something that wasn't even guaranteed to happen. Either way, it sucked.

I got out of bed at 7:30 AM when Jordan woke up, and thats when the cramps hit me. Not menstral cramps, the Aleve took care of that. Body cramps. Every muscle in my body felt like death. I had started meeting with a personal trainer just the day before, so I kind of figured this was coming! She's basically a female version of the Terminator. She's awesome though! I mustered up the energy to go get Jordan and SLOWLY walk downstairs to make breakfast. While I was scrambling our eggs I checked my email, thinking maybe Doc had emailed. He, of course, hadn't. And neither had my babysitter....I had a Dr.'s appt. that day and she had confirmed with me weeks ago that she would be there. I had emailed her as a final reminder a couple days before, and she still hadn't responded. This worried me, as the last couple times this happened she didn't show up! We ate our breakfast, and with only a couple hours until my appt. I called the babysitter. No answer. I could clearly see where this was going. "You've got to be KIDDING me" I thought!!! An hour later I called her from my home phone and she finally answered. She was having an emergency and wasn't going to be able to make it. She had a great reason to not be there, but seriously, could this day get any worse?

I decided that God's plan for Friday was simple. He was saying, "Tammy, clear your schedule because today you're going to lay on the couch and watch Law & Order SVU and relax". Like a good servant, I abided His plan to the fullest! Jordan and I stayed in our pijama's all day and played and giggled the day away. Jordan fed me her goldfish crackers while I laid on the couch, and her and I cuddled a few times. I love her innocence. At a couple different points I just broke down and bawled my eyes out, and I guess she just didn't know what to think of that, but she laughed uncontollably at me! I guess she thought I was trying to be funny! I cried harder, she laughed harder! Eventually we were both laughing!! It was exactly what I needed. She is so amazing :)

When I woke up on Saturday I was still feeling a little down, but there was a social on base for spouses and families of those deployed, and a couple of my new friends were going! I decided that sitting around feeling sorry for yourself doesn't really help, so we went to the social. We had a blast, and I have been back to my normal bubbly self ever since! Now I'm ready to get some rest and wake up fresh tomorrow to go back to the Terminator and my workout! Please keep my muscles in your prayers! :)

1 comment:

Ray said...

hi!!!

Tammy it's Ray.

I miss you, and I'll read your blog!

But you must read mine too!