Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blah blah blah.

That's how I feel this evening. Blah. Blah. And more blah. It's one of those pregnant days, where I'm just blah. I hate these days even more than days when I'm sore, or sick, or in pain. My normal personality is the polar opposite of "blah", so I just don't feel like myself when I feel like this, which only makes me more "blah". I have to be honest though.....God is making it very hard for my "blah" to hang around.....we've got a lot to be thankful for right now!!!

1. HUGE blessing on the orders front! We've been waiting patiently (Ok that's a flat out lie. I've been waiting extremely IMpatiently) for God's direction to lead us. We've been waiting during prayer time for some sort of a guidance, searching during our daily bible reading for something, ANYTHING to jump out and tell us what He wants. Begging our families and friends to pray with us. And Friday, finally, we got the "all clear" from the Lord on the plan that He's ordained for us. We've been selected for orders to Everett, Washington!! An hour and a half drive from family that we (my husband included!!!) have literally never even lived on the same side of the country as, let alone a super short drive away! We still need hard copies of these orders before we can call it official, but we should have them sometime this week, hopefully sooner rather than later!

2. We had an ultrasound at Aloha Pregnancy Care on Friday with our dear friend Alana, and it went fantastic!! The baby was measuring one day shy of our exact gestation period, and everything else looked perfect! It was such a huge sigh of relief! Though we never really thought there was a problem, it's always so wonderful to hear that from your Dr.! Or ultrasound tech, in this case! The only little downside to this day was that the baby refused to show us it's gender! We tried everything! We stopped midway through for me to go to the bathroom and jump around a little bit to try to shake things up in there and see if we could get it to move, and still, nothing. Legs politely crossed, arm above it's head (ironically in the EXACT same position I was laying in, so cute) I can already see so many differences in this baby from the way Jordan was. During my 16 week ultrasound with Jordan she had her legs wide open and was waving to us on the machine! Little Miss Personality has not changed a single bit since then! :) This child seems to have my husband's shy, quiet personality. And it's stubborness leads me to believe that it's definitely a boy! Haha :) Our next U/S is October 7th, so hopefully our little babe will be a bit more cooperative that day!

3. We are busy planning our trip to Illinois coming up in November!!! I haven't been home since we moved here 3 years ago, and I am ready to say the absolutely least!!! Neither of us are fond of the place we call home. We love our family, love our friends, and have some good memories there, but it's never a place that we will choose to live again, and certainly not a place we'll choose to raise our kids. However, after being gone for three years it will be great to take a little visit there! If my husband had his way, we would literally never set foot in Illinois again, so this took MUCH finaggling on my part to make this happen. If this trip is miserable, I can promise that it will be his last trip to Illinois. Well, I guess promise is a strong word....you never know what God may have in store for us. We have a million things to do there, and a million people to see, and lots of delicious Midwest food to eat!!! Hopefully it will all go smoothly! Will you pray for that with us?

I hope you all have had a great weekend! We'll keep you posted on the orders situation! Hopefully in just a couple days we'll have a firm copy of orders, and then the REAL craziness will begin!!!! Love you all!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad that you guys finally got orders!! YAY! David's family is from Washington and his dad lives in the town over from Everett in Edmonds! OMG I may actually get to see you soon! :D