Wednesday, September 8, 2010

16 Week Dr.'s Appt.

Does that SERIOUSLY even seem possible? 16 weeks along? Already?? This child isn't even born yet and it's already growing too fast!!! Craziness I say!

Yesterday was my 16 week Dr.'s Appt. with my NEW and IMPROVED Dr!!!! I LOVE her! LOVE LOVE LOVE her would describe it more accurately! She's wonderful! Supportive, sweet, upbeat, encouraging, helpful, I could go on and on. Leaps and bounds from my appt. with the Nurse Practioner 4 weeks ago, and I couldn't be more thankful for these answered prayers! On to the good stuff.....

The baby looks perfect! Yes....I said "looks" perfect! We weren't suppose to have an ultrasound until 20 weeks, but the baby was so active that Dr. Coleman couldn't hear the heartbeat, so she went ahead and did a mini-ultrasound. Jordan was with me, and she was SO excited to get to see her new brother or sister!! The baby was jumping around like crazy! It was adorable! I'm still not feeling the movement yet, but I will soon! Unfortunately, Dr.'s are not really as well-trained on sonography as you may think they are, so she wasn't able to give us a gender :(
HOWEVER......We'll find out the sex on Friday!!! Here's how....

A good friend of mine works at a Christian Counseling Center for pregnant women over in Kaneohe Bay. Pregnant girls who are wanting abortions come to them, and Alana (my fabulous friend) is a counselor there. Her job is to get these girls to choose life for the babies, whether it be adoption or just a little encouragement in their new journey. She has an amazing testimony, and if there is any woman qualified to do this job, believe me, it's her! There's pretty much nothing she hasn't lived through. She's a wonderful woman, and I love her to death! She is in need of pregnant bellies to train her new nursing staff and counselors with, and since I volunteered, they will be ultrasounding me on Friday to determine the sex! HOW AWESOME!!! And what an amazing blessing! And more so, what an awesome opportunity for me to serve God! To volunteer to be a guinea pig for a place that is doing AMAZING work for the Lord?? Just wonderful! Again....what an amazing blessing!

I will be sure to keep you all posted on that, and if for some reason I don't announce it, don't be sad! If they can't say conclusively one way or the other, we may just wait until the 20 week one to confirm!! :) I'll let you know if that happens!

Happy Hump Day all!!!!

No comments: