Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So close to Homecoming!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Daddy is coming home THIS MONTH!!!!! We no longer have to count months, we can count weeks....and those are so few, we can count days!!!! We have our window of time for him to come home, and we'll find out more about the exact date when we get closer to time :) Words cannot express our excitement!!! We are just about to jump out of our skin waiting for Daddy!!! We're keeping very busy though! We have been painting banners, welcoming new comers to the island, and getting the house in perfect condition for Daddy to come home!! It's about dang time!

My parents are also planning their trip out to the island! They want to be here for Doc's homecoming, and they are coming 3 weeks from today :) They are staying clear through to the time of the wedding to help me with Jordan and be there with me for wedding appointments and etc. We are very excited to have them, and blessed that they are in a position to be able to come and visit for extended lengths of time like they do!

Speaking of wedding planning, everything is really starting to come together wonderfully! I am working hard to keep us on budget, and ready for another wedding dress fitting! I wanted to let everyone know that though gifts are COMPLETELY unnecessary, I did set-up a bridal registry at Wal-Mart. I have had a lot of people asking for a registry, and I will send out an email about it as well :) I can't believe how close we are to having all of our friends and family here!! We absolutely can't wait! Our wedding is only 60 days away, and we are SOOOO ready!

Jordan is growing like a dandelion! She's now saying pretty much everything. It's incredible. There isn't a thing I can throw at her that she can't repeat right back to me. Her favorite is "hippopotomus". I said it to her thinking that she wouldn't be able to repeat it. Wrong. It came right out. She's putting together sentences, and songs! She's almost singing her ABC's and she does a great version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star :) She has been telling me that she has to go "pee pee potty" or "poopy potty" for quite some time now. I decided that though it's fairly early, I would go ahead and start potty training. I bought her a fantastic talking potty, and told her we were going to Potty like rockstars :) At this time, she loves to be in the bathroom with mommy, and will hug and kiss her potty, but is scared to death to sit on it! LOL We are working through it, and she's getting closer everyday, so that's good! Her favorite thing to do right now is read. We read about 50 books a day, if not more. We go over and over and over all of her favorites, plus our bible story every night. She LOVES to pray, which is the sweetest thing I could ever hope to see. We will pray before a meal, and sometimes she will stop me in the middle of the meal and demand that we pray again! I will pray with her as many times as she wants, and I hope her love for talking to the Lord stays with her!

We have had some great friends move to the base this week! One of Doc's first friends when he arrived here was a guy named Rob. We offered to let him store some stuff in our garage while he was deployed and he mentioned to me that he was married and that his wife would be moving out right before the guys came back. I gave him my phone number and email address and asked him to give it to her so that we could keep in touch throughout deployment, and I had an email from her just a couple days later! We have been talking for the last 6 months, and have become great friends! She just moved out here on the 31st, and we let her stay with us until she moved into her base housing. She has been SUCH a joy to have around! She's Italian, and her mother came with her from Rhode Island to help her settle! They have the cutest accents, are so fiesty, and so hilarious to be around! We've been helping them get settled and get everything done for their move. After moving here and seeing how hard it can be, I will absolutely jump on the chance to help someone else with their move, and in the process I am making some REALLY great friends! I am so thankful that God has led these people here to the island, and I am so blessed to have them be a part of our lives here! The best part of all (well, maybe not the BEST, but right up there!) is that to thank me they cooked me a homeade made-from-scratch Italian meal!!! OH MY GOSH!!! DELICIOUS!!! Thank God for those left-overs!!

Well, that's about all for us!! We will try to update you again before Doc comes home, but if we don't get a chance to, we'll update as quickly after homecoming as we can!!! Love you all :)

1 comment:

Ray said...

yay!

I'm excited for you..

Happy Homecoming to Doc too!

miss U!