Thursday, July 17, 2008

UGH!

Wow, I'm not even going to try to sugar-coat these last couple of weeks! Just a few days after the holiday weekend I got sick, and it has NOT been fun! I have giardia, and for any of you who have ever had it, you know how unpleasant it can be! Apparently it is really common in Hawaii, with hygiene not being a number one priority for most people, and my doctor said that he has had it twice just since moving here! I'm not going to go into detail of the disgusting symptoms of this fabulous infection, just please be advised: if anyone tells you they have it, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!! Believe me! YOU DON'T WANT IT!!!

Poor Jordy has been coming over to me and saying, "You OK Mommy?" It's so sweet, but it breaks my heart at the same time! This is one of the times where deployment just stinks!! I'm the only one here to interact with Jord, and I feel like she has to pay the price for Mommy being sick. It makes me feel so guilty, but also makes me get creative, so that's a plus.

I spoke to Mike a little over a week ago, and he is still sounding very homesick. He stressed the way Jordan's pictures make her look so grown up, and how he can't wait to come home! He is working alot now, and he's really happy about that. I think when he first got here, no one knew him or his work ability, so they were hasty with giving him tasks to do. This deployment has really given him a time to shine, and he hasn't hesitated to do so. Now he's up for promotion already this fall, and studying everyday for his test so that he can embrace his new position! I'm so very proud of him! He is also going before a board for a medal, which he is very hopeful to receive! God has really blessed us since we came back into this military lifestyle, a I'm so thankful to know that we are in exactly the place that He needs us to be!

My friends that just moved here (Chris and Jordan and family) have been going to church with us every Sunday. They are such a blessing to us, and I don't know what I would do without them! Chris and Mike couldn't be more alike, and neither could Jordan and I! She is in almost the exact same place that I am spiritually, and she, just like me also, is so eager to develop a stronger relationship with God. Most of the people I meet at church are so much more spiritually mature than I am, and they are great GREAT people, but it can be kind of intimidating in a learning environment. I feel like Jordan and I are at the same place spiritually, and we will have alot of fun learning and growing together!! That is SO VERY important to me, and I am so thankful to God for bringing them to us! Now if only Chris wasn't deploying just days after Doc gets home!!!

Well, I am going to go try to play with Miss Jordan! You all have a great day and a great weekend! We love you all! :) And by the way, we ARE SO excited that our wedding is only a couple months away and we will be seeing you all soon!!!! :)

1 comment:

Ray said...

did Doc come home yet??!