Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Pregnancy That Just Keeps Getting Better

Could you all stop whatever you're doing right now, and say a prayer for me? Pray for strength and endurance, healing and comfort, wisdom, wisdom and more wisdom. It seems as though the further we get into this baby journey, the more stuff that keeps piling on. This pregnancy has been full of trials, and this week is no exception!

First, a praise: My mom's lump in her breast is BENIGN and her trip is on schedule!!! She and my Dad will be in SeaTac in less than 24 hours! Thank you God!! Thank you for praying with us! WHEW, huge sigh of relief!

Now the fun stuff....so you know how I've been complaining about hip/groin pain all pregnancy long?? Well, this past weekend I was describing to my husband how it feels: I explained that it's like I was sitting in a really great V-Sit, just at a comfortable stretch, and all of a sudden someone grabbed my ankles and shoved them another 2 feet apart and left them like that for 12 hours. Imagine trying to walk after that....fun, right?!? That was HEAVEN compared to the way I feel right now!

So last night I was cooking dinner, and apparently the condensation from the boiling noodles got on the floor un-noticed. I took a step and all of a sudden my body slammed onto the ground right into the splits. I started screaming, and Jordan ran in and brought me my phone to call Doc and have him come right home. A big dramatic scene later, we were headed to triage for a non-stress test. As far as Lucy goes, everything is perfect!! No bleeding, no fluid leakage, no water breaking, nothing! What a huge blessing!!

I, on the other hand, can't move. Literally. I can't get up without help, I can't rollover, and I can't even get into our car! I can't walk at all without Doc being my human "walker". I hold onto his hands, and inch my way along. I can't even lift my leg to put one foot in front of the other. The Dr.'s weren't able to check my hips and groin, since X-Rays and MRI's were out of the question with me being 38 weeks pregnant. It is more than likely my groin muscles, either severe strains or tears, and there's nothing they can do for that anyway.

I know this is a trial, but God is right here with me. God provided a way for Doc to be home with me today, and he will be tomorrow as well! He's been amazing....cooking meals, never complaining about my dependence on him, a really stellar man! He's just wonderful. I also am thankful just for the way the fall took place. I probably fell into the worst possible position that I could have, however, I did so about 5 inches from the stove where a pot of boiling water sat on the very first burner. Thank God my arms didn't flail as I was going down, this could have been much worse.

We're praising in the storm here, and thanking God for his faithfulness. We're praying for a SUPER fast healing so that this baby can make her appearance!! We're feeling more ready for her every day :) Doc and I sat together and folded hundreds of Dreft-smelling onesies, sleepers, socks, hats, pants, jackets, dresses, etc. We have it all put away, and the nursery set up, less a few decorative items :) Once my parents arrive, we'll have our support system in place and we'll be ready for labor day!

Thank you all for reading and praying with us! We love you, and we'll keep you all posted as updates come along for us, and certainly for Lucy :) Have a great week!

No comments: