Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pregnant Lady Complaints & Updates

Helloooooo friends and family! Before I say a single word I need to say something important. Thank you all so much for just surrounding me with love this last couple weeks! I mean it. These last few weeks have been trying in SO many ways, from preterm contractions, to Cara passing away, my Mom's ongoing health scare, tax drama, and my own pregnancy woes, and you peeps have remained my peeps through it all. I appreciate it SO much! The prayers, the emails, the hugs, I love you all! Thank you!

Doc and I are officially 9 months pregnant! I say "Doc and I" because truly, we are a team in this pregnancy. He is a rock in my life, and I can't begin to express how he has carried me throughout some of the rough times of this pregnancy. I NEVER imagined needing him so much during this. I know that sounds ridiculous. I sailed through pregnancy with Jordan like a champ, to the point that everyone around me was down right shocked and impressed with my demeanor. At 40 and 1/2 weeks along, I was walking through a Super Wal-Mart in Decatur, IL in 3 inch stillhettos doing my biweekly grocery shopping and browsing the baby clearance section. I never took a single day off of work, until the day I called in because something just didn't feel right. I didn't know it at the time, but I was actually in early labor, and gave birth that night. Never had morning sickness. Never had a single ache or pain or contraction until I went into labor. Never complained.

I'm ashamed of myself for this, but I was truly convinced that pregnancy was just what you make of it, and that all whiny, complaining pregnant women were just weak. Sometimes I even said that TO the whiny pregnant women, because I was 22 and knew everything and felt that they needed to know that I was on to their schemes. *WOW*

Ya know, when you pray diligently and ask the Lord for compassion, patience, understanding, wisdom, etc....a funny thing happens.....none of these things just miraculously appear. Trials appear, though. Trials that develop you in ways you could have never expected. I was thinking about this truth earlier this week during a new bible study that I joined. We have been looking at why we are to rejoice in our trials, and the amazing work that takes place in the midst. This pregnancy has been an unbelievably trying time for me. It has changed me in so many ways, and as I sit here and reflect on it, I'm just in awe.

I had a Dr.'s Appt. on Thursday, and it went wonderfully! My Dr. is so awesome, and I'm super thankful for that! My belly is measuring between 36 and 37 weeks (exactly where I am) and after a brief (30 seconds or less) ultrasound we have confirmation that Lucy is head down and ready to go! She's not into the pelvis yet, which is great :) We're hoping she waits until Nanny and Poppy get here on Feb. 9th to make her grand appearance!

Yesterday, we went to a new mall to explore a little bit. One of the most fun things about moving and new places is the exploration of it all, and unfortunately with my hips and groin hurting ALL the time, we haven't had much of a chance to do any of that :( My family understands completely, but the pregnant lady guilt of it all has really been getting to me lately. We went to the mall and walked around very minimally, probably a half a mile at the most. I rested while Jordan played at the playspace, and she had a blast interacting with other kids. By the time we stopped at the grocery store and made it home, I could barely move. Coming up the stairs was a 10 minute adventure, and every single time I found a sleeping position that wasn't terribly unbearable, I started contracting. I'd rollover to try to make that stop (which takes another 5 minutes) and I'd have to pee. Getting out of bed; you guessed it, 5 minute adventure. Go to the bathroom, wash my hands, and start all over. I slept about 20 minutes last night. It feels like I've pulled both sides of my groin and bruised my hips or something, it's awful!

Today I'm typing this blog from my bed, where I'll probably remain for the rest of the day. Doc and Jordan are at church, and I'm excited to hear how it goes! It's only the 2nd Sunday at a new church, so it's all still very new! Can I leave you all with a couple prayer requests?

**My mom. The additional testing that she had done on the the lump in her breast has revealed that it may be a little more serious that they thought. They did a biopsy on Friday, and they told her to go ahead and contact the airline company and find out the procedures to cancel their flights for the 9th, just in case they need to do further treatment. WE ARE PRAYING AGAINST THIS!!! She finds out the results on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, and we're confident in our Healer that this situation has already been resolved. One way or the other, God's there. He knows. He's got this.

**Myself. I very rarely ask for prayers for myself, and I think it's time to suck up my pride and just admit that I'm needing some help right now. Pray that God would bless my husband for all that he's doing to take care of this family, and pray that He would ease the pregnancy woes, give me rest and rejuvenation, and restore my spirit. Pray that He would be with Jordan throughout all this as well. The Mommy-Jordan playdates are dwindling, and I pray that she would still know how important and loved she is.

Thank you, peeps. I love you all! :)