Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a Lucy!!!

A pink blog only seems fitting today!! Doc and I had our 20 week ultra-sound 2 weeks ago, and we found out that we're having another girl!!! Lucy Kay is due to make her grand appearance on February 22nd!! We're super excited!! I'm not gonna lie, there was a bit of dissappointment in Doc's face when the Nurse typed "It's a girl!" onto our ultrasound screen, but he very quickly perked right back up at the thought of having another healthy little lady to giggle all over the house with Miss Jordan :)

Today I had my 22 week check-up! Everything is going fantastic! Thus far, I've gained 3 pounds total. My Dr. is extremelyl pleased with this, as am I, so that was wonderful! If I keep gaining at the rate that I am, I'll only gain about 10 pounds total when I deliver. Did you notice that I said DELIVER??? That's right!!!! Though Jordan was born via C-Section, and there are a billion myths that "Vaginal deliveries after Caesareans are SO dangerous and should never be done" blah blah blah, I am extremely blessed to have a Dr. that believes in looking at the outcome, not the convenience!! The truth of this matter is that the risk associated with a V-Back (Uterus rupture) actually occurs in less than 1% of V-Backs. With the type of incision that I had, the chances are even lower than that! After much research about this subject, Doc and I were praying that I would be able to deliver this baby vaginally, and thank the Lord, that is exactly what we were told today! We are keeping open minds about this for many reasons, the biggest being that God is completely in control of this situation, and if for some reason intervention is needed, we will understand. We are also at the mercy of the Dr. we choose in Washington. The station we are going to doesn't have a military hospital within a reasonable driving distance, so I will be referred out to a civillian hospital. Doc and I will have to work quickly once we arrive to find a midwife, and hopefully a facility that is conducive for natural childbirth! We know we'll have to be in an actual hospital that has an OB/GYN in house as well as an anesthesiologist ready just in case intervention is necessary. We're praying that search will go smoothly!! Will you pray with us?

Our move is in full swing!!! We have dates set for our movers, hotel reservations booked, pet flights ready to reserve, and lots of stuff on the market so that we don't have to move it with us! We're slowly but surely beginning to say "Til next time..." to our awesome friends that have become family here. It's not a fun process, but we're excited for the next chapter!

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers throughout this process!!! We know that God is the reason things are going smoothly and we pray that He continue to lead us! We're SO excited to be physically SEEING many of you in the coming months!!! We'll have more updates soon! Until next time....we love you all!

1 comment:

Amy said...

aww! Lucy! How cute is that name?!! I love it!