Friday, June 6, 2008

Sorry it's been a while....

You can thank my wedding for the absence of my blog for the last couple weeks! Wedding plans are really starting to keep me busy! GOODNESS! Between invitations, flowers, catering details, centerpieces, favors, addresses, groomsmen who NEVER email me back on time (I still love them though), and much, much, more, I am one busy lady!!

There is this excitement in the air! It's the feeling that we've already been through more days of deployment than we have yet to go through! It's the fact that last night was our LAST deployed spouses meeting: from here on out it's Return and Reunion Briefs!!! It's in Doc's voice when he tells me he misses me, and he can't wait to come home! IT'S HOMECOMING!!! And it's coming in a little over 2 months!!!! WHOOHOO!!!! I know it's still a ways off, and I'm trying not to get too excited about it. (it makes the time go slower) But secretly, I'm ready to jump out of my skin!! I'm so happy!

We have a lot of fun things happening this summer! On June 26th, an old buddy of mine and his wife and 2 kids are moving here! He is a Marine, and they are getting stationed here! I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to see a familiar face! I've been talking alot with his wife about getting their move set-up, and I plan on being their one-man welcoming committee so that they feel comfortable with their move here! I can't wait for them to get here! Then at the end of July a buddy of Doc's that he is deployed with has his wife coming out! She is staying with me for a couple weeks untill her house is ready to move into! I will be helping her with her move too! I figure, I would have LOVED to have had someone here that we knew or that was willing to help us when we moved. I'm really looking forward to being "that person" for someone else.

Jordy has started testing me. It used to be that when she did something wrong, I would say "Jordan Elaine! NO!" and she would stop and look very sorry. Now she keeps going and smiles, waiting to see what my next move is going to be. I'm just trying to be consistent in my disciplinning, and hope for the best. We're using the time-out method, along with discussions about what she did that was wrong. I realize that she is 1 and may not understand what I am saying, but when I take her back to the scene of the incident she looks at me with sympathy in her eyes for what she did wrong. She looks ashamed and humiliated. I think she does understand. I am sticking to the "no-spanking" thing. I can always change my course of action if necessary. I am also learning alot about "active listening". I heard a speaker about it last night, and I am going to buy a book about it. I think it is so important in parenting, and I am eager to learn more. I already practice it with Jordan. Even though she babbles and says off the wall random things, I always respond back to her with a word or two or a gesture so that she knows that I am listening. We'll see how this all goes!

I hope that all is well for all of you out there! Jordan and I think about you often! We love you all very much, and hope to talk with you soon! :)

No comments: