Monday, April 14, 2008

Exciting times are near!!!

Well, I am SO excited to say that my parents will be here in less than 48 hours!!!! We have missed them so much!!! It's amazing to think how much has happened since we got stationed here! Jordan does a million more things then she did in Illinois, my Dad's foot has made a MIRACULOUS (thank you to God and all of you who prayed with us for that, by the way) FULL RECOVERY, my goodness my own mother hasn't even seen my beautiful engagement ring yet! It's just insane I tell you!!! But the craziness stops in 2 days, and Jordan and I cannot wait to have them! I am so happy for my parents that they have the opportunity to come here! They haven't been on vacation since the last time they were in Hawaii, in 1972 when my Dad was on R&R from Vietnam, almost 40 years ago! I already have a sitter lined up for 2 different days while they are here so that I can take them to an authentic Hawaiian Luau, and then also to go out to dinner for my Dad's birthday that I missed back in March. I can't wait to show them the base, take them to the beach, and just spend time together! OH it can't come soon enough!

This weekend I found a GREAT place to take Jordan! At Hickam Air Force Base they have ALL kinds of little-kid-friendly stuff! I've learned that there is a major difference between "kid-friendly" and "little-kid-friendly" and Hickam is definitely LKF, as I call it for short! I figure if the military can use acronyms for everything, I can too! LOL Anyway, they have a kiddie pool there where the water only comes up to Jordan's little knees, and its perfect to introduce her to the idea of a pool and swimming. The ocean is far too powerful for me to just let her run on her own near it, but this place is great! I walk around with her in the pool and I'm only a couple feet from her if she falls down and gets scared, but for the most part she can be independent in it! I am starting her in Mommy-and-Me swim lessons next month, so I figure that this will be a great introduction to that!

Speaking of Jordy, we had her 18-Month check-up today! She is doing fabulous! They said she's growing well, and her development is right on target! I am always so happy to hear that! She had a lot of fun and wasn't even too scared this time! She did, however, throw up IN MY EAR in the waiting room! MAN you're not a mom untill you've been through that, let me tell you!!! I guess I picked her up too fast or squeezed her too tight or something, because she wasn't sick, it was almost like a "wet burp". Disgusting is what it was! The pediatrician, however, found it QUITE amusing! LOL

Well I may not be able to update you all for a couple weeks while my parents are here, but I will have pictures of their arrival and visit as soon as I can!! I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Ray said...

I just spend an hour catching up on your blog.

Sorry Ive been distant, I haven't written anything in my blog!

I went through a tough month in March, it was my last month at my job--- not sure if I had mentioned that, but I quit. Im now at a new job, in a new apartment, and just trying to adjust.

Anyways, I hope you had a blast with your parents- once they leave, please write to me and update me on everything!

miss you Tammy :)

Give Jordan a kiss for me!