Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August Mayhem!

DANG!!!!! It's been a busy few weeks!!!! I apologize for the delay in posts :( Here are some updates on life these last few weeks:

1. I had my first Dr.'s appt for this pregnancy last week!!! It went very well, ish. Every Dr. is different, and I have to keep telling myself that. It's AMAZING how much has changed since I was expecting Jordan. First, my Dr. told me that I would be considered "slightly high risk" this pregnancy because of my C-Section with Jord. I have NEVER heard this before in my life. Ever. But, that is this Dr.'s opinion. She also said that she had "concerns" over Jordan's low birth weight. Jordan weighed 6 lbs and 14 oz, and her pediatrician at birth felt as though her birthweight was healthy as a horse. NEVER did he think it was low, and my gosh, she was almost 7 pounds!!! This Dr. insists that she really could have used a few more ounces, and says "she'll be monitoring me closely". Whatever. We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time, and in the words of my husband it sounded like "a thundering baby boy" :) He's wishful thinking of course :) This "Dr." as I keep calling her was actually only a nurse practicioner, and I will not have to see her again at all. Due to my "semi-high riskness", I will have to see an actual Dr. from here on out. I certainly have no problems with that, and I'm actually a little relieved that I get to switch! The nurse practicioner and I had a little argument over some optional testing that I will go into more details about later......I'm glad that I won't have to deal with that any more!

2. We have been denied the orders that we were hoping for in Washington, and are back in re-negotiation for new ones! The last week around this house has been filled with 3 AM phone calls to Tennessee, praying for wisdom, praying for orders, searching of good civilian jobs just in case God leads us toward that avenue, and more prayer in general. Theses situations of transition make me feel like my neck is going to close up, but it also forces us to lean on God. That's something that we can rejoice in right now! We've turned to his Word, and at this point we feel that He is leading us to stay in. We've put in for orders in a few places in California, and we're waiting to hear back on those. We're still praying for God's direction in this matter. Will you pray with us?? Thank you peeps!!

3. We had a friend from Illinois come to visit this last week! We've been mini-vacationing and living like tourists for the last 9 days, and it has been incredible!! Doc has been on leave, and we've had such a great time together! I think it's safe to say that we're all kind of luau-ed out right now! LOL I'll post a few pics from our outings in another post soon!

4. Just to reiterate what I've already posted in other posts: I FEEL AMAZING!!!!! My morning sickness is completely gone!!!!! I did find out that I more than likely have pregnancy anemia, and that I may need an additional iron supplement in addition to my prenatal vitamin. That is great news, because I've really been wondering what the deal is with the wave of weakness that comes over me for no reason almost constantly all day long. I've been so active during the last week, and though it was pretty difficult at times, I have REALLY enjoyed myself!!!! Thank you for the prayer for these times!!!! God is good!!!! And he has humbled me throughout this entire experience. I will never again look at a barely-pregnant lady and think to myself "Oh please, she's like, 7 weeks along, she really needs to suck it up!!!" I'm ashamed of myself for ever thinking that way, and thankful that God changed my mind! He knew that He needed to!

How are you all doing?? I feel like I've been out of the loop lately! I hope you all are well!!! I'll be posting a little more this week, to include a question that I really want you alls opinion on. It's a bit of an ethical one, and I hope that it doesn't spark a massive brawl (not that I think any of you would do that, but it's an opinion question and you never know what could happen!!! ) Be on the look out for that!! Love you guys!!!!

1 comment:

Katie Miller said...

hey beautiful!

I have a new journal cause blogger made me mad...

http://katie-miller.livejournal.com/

I'm so happy everything in preggo world is going wonderfully for you all.

Check my blog for more updates, I'm posting one now as we speak!

xoxoxo